Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Week in Review: Coming home, relaxation, and video games!


Well hello there! It's been a while since I've posted anything, hasn't it? And, really, that's due to a lot of things. Mostly because I've finally come home from school. While my school isn't so far away that's it's impossible for me to get home, it was still quite a hassle to get home just for the weekend. At any rate, I'm finally home, and I'm luxuriating in the the fact that (for once) I have absolutely nothing to do. Which is usually a bad thing for me - if I have nothing to do, I get antsy and start making trouble just for something to do (think "mad scientist in the kitchen with no adult supervision" levels of trouble). But this time, I filled up my time with all those things I wanted to do while I was in school but couldn't: reading (The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin), doodling (badly, on my sister's graphics tablet), baking (brownies and cookies and cakes - yum!), and most of all, hijacking my sister's PSP to play Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Birth by Sleep is actually the third (to my count) major game to be released in the Kingdom Hearts series, as well as a sort of prequel to the first two games. You see that pretty picture up at the top of this post? Notice any familiar characters? Like, for example... Cinderella? Snow White? Maleficent? Peter Pan & Tinkerbell? Stitch? Yep, it's Disney. Apparently, this series was though up when an employee from Square Enix met an employee from Disney in an elevator. I have no idea whether or not this is true, but any combination of Square Enix (who makes the best video games) and Disney (who owns my childhood) is bound to be awesome.

Anyways, besides wasting my time all day, I have been out a few times to look for some jobs, but no luck yet. Any tips for finding a summer job?

No comments:

Post a Comment